Overlanding is a unique and exciting way to explore the natural beauty of British Columbia. B.C. is a province located in the western part of Canada and is known for its diverse landscapes. From alpine mountains, to vast rainforests, pristine lakes, and untouched beaches, B.C. offers an incredible range of natural wonders for exploration and adventure.
Here are 5 facts about overlanding in British Columbia
- The province is home to a wide variety of animals, including black bears, grizzly bears, moose, deer, and wolves. It’s not uncommon to spot these animals while overlanding. Observing them in their natural habitat can be a truly unforgettable experience.
- British Columbia is also known for its outdoor recreation opportunities, making it a perfect destination for overlanding enthusiasts. The province has thousands of kilometers of hiking trails, lakes for fishing and kayaking, natural hot springs, mountains for climbing. There’s truly something for everyone, whether you’re a seasoned adventurer or just looking for a relaxing outdoor experience.
- The self-sufficiency aspect of overlanding is also a major part of why it is so much fun. Maple Overland vehicles are equipped with everything you need to be self-sufficient, including large roof top tent, all kitchen utensils and other camping gear to enjoy your 4×4 adventure as comfortable as possible. We will help you to be completely independent and truly immerse yourself in our backcountry and to spend quality time with your loved ones, away from daily life distractions. You can travel to remote areas and camp in complete peace and solitude, which is a truly unique and fulfilling experience.
- Cultural experiences: British Columbia is home to a rich cultural heritage, including First Nations communities with a long and proud history. Overlanding allows you to visit communities or a cultural centre, their traditions and culture are an eye opener and inspiring.
- Another aspect of overlanding in British Columbia that makes so enjoyable is the community that comes with it. You will meet other overlanders and share experiences, knowledge, and stories with each other. It’s a fantastic way to make new friends and bond with like-minded individuals.
Finally, overlanding in B.C. is a truly unique way to experience the province. You can get off the beaten path and explore areas that most tourists never see. You can discover hidden waterfalls, secluded beaches, and remote mountain lakes that are only accessible by 4×4 vehicles. Connect with our backcountry and experience its beauty in a way that is not possible with traditional motorhomes or camper vans.
Overlanding is a truly unforgettable experience that combines adventure and relaxation. At Maple Overland we rent out Jeep Wrangler 4-doors, packed with iKamper rooftop tents and all the camping gear you need to explore the wild backcountry of our Province as comfortably as possible. Experience sleeping in a rooftop tent under the stars, build your own campfire and prepare your delicious camping meal while enjoying a gorgeous sunset. Our fully equipped expedition 4×4’s come with everything you need to enjoy your B.C. adventure. Click here for some overlanding pics and remote camp spots you can visit with our Jeeps.